Sometimes, the reason for our feet pain and the way we inappropriately walk is due to bad footwear. Many people tend to overlook the fact that it is very important that the shoes we wear are comfortable and not just good looking. This is why it is a smart idea to go to a place where they will measure your feet and give you an appropriate size, and for more info, visit orthoticsolutionspodiatry.com.au
Even if today, we have the tools to make our shoes incredibly comfortable and good for our feet, the massive production of shoes all over makes this impossible. More often than not, the ones who create shoes pay more attention to how they will look and not how they will feel on our feet. This is why many shoes are the main cause of feet injuries.
Athletes and shoes
Because of this, there are shoes that are called running shoes, among others. Those shoes are meant for people who love to run and exercise, and they are usually made in such a way that they will perfectly fit you and make you comfortable in your daily activities. However, they do not look the best, which is why many people avoid buying them as well.
The following list will provide useful tips that you might want to apply when you purchase shoes next time:
- You should shop for your footwear in the evening or the afternoon because during the day our feet are known to swell up a bit. This is why you should be buying shoes later in the evening as that will help you fit them better.
- Make sure that you have your feet measured correctly. There are many shoe stores that also offer proper feet measurement, which will help you find a better fit. Do not buy shoes that are too small or too big for you.
- You can also ask your podiatrist to help you pick out the shoes that will suit you the best. While the doctor will not go with you shoe-shopping, obviously, he/she will be able to give you good pointers as well. If you need a good podiatrist, check out the services of Podiatrist Double Bay like Orthotic Solutions Podiatry.
- When you are trying on shoes, wear the type socks you usually wear every day, and if you have orthotics that you need to use you should bring them and see if the fit with the shoes as well with your feet in the new shoes.
5.Children’s feet need to be measured at least every three months, to see how much they have grown. It is not that unusual if your kid’s feet grow two to even three sizes bigger in one year because they are simply growing overall.
- If you re sport-active, then it is a smart choice to buy shoes that are specially made for that sport. For example, you have all heard about running shoes, soccer shoes or basketball shoes, that are made to help your feet during that one activity you enjoy.
If you lead an active life, make sure you have different shoes for different activities. Do not wear your running shoes while you go to work and the other way around. Also, make sure to never run on an uneven terrarium, because more often than not, that is the reason why we injure or develop a condition. Make sure to visit a podiatrist if you feel any pain.